We currently subscribe to two platforms for digital books
We are a member of OMNI (Online Media of Northern Illinois)
What is Libby? Libby is a free reading app created by OverDrive. It is a very user-friendly app and used for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from the library’s OverDrive collection.
- Check out the Overdrive Help Site for any questions, extra training, and aid in navigating the Overdrive database.
- Check out the Getting Started with Libby webpage for instruction on how to begin using the Libby app.
OverDrive & Libby are compatible with Android, Amazon & iOS (Apple) mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers. The OverDrive database/app is best used on computers whereas the Libby app is best used on smaller, mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
2. Axis 360
Download e-books and audiobooks for free through Axis-360.
Axis 360 is a part of the eRead Illinois Program.
Axis 360 is compatible with:
- Android & Apple smartphones
- Amazon Kindle Fire, Fire HD, and HDX device tablets
- iPads running iOS 7 software and later
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
Check out the Axis 360 Help Site for any questions, extra training, and aid in navigating the Axis 360 App.
More help information:
Check out e-Books from Biblioboard’s platform which gives users instant access to library ebooks via web and mobile channels.
The BiblioBoard Library is available to everyone in Illinois, courtesy of RAILS, regardless of whether they have a library card. Items on this platform have no holds, no waits, and can be accessed simultaneously.
Users can also submit their own self-published titles to Biblioboard to share in the collection.